Thursday, January 27, 2011

Refined Sugar Free Brown Sugar

Well hello there! I just made a DELICIOUS batch of Gluten/Dairy/Refined Sugar/Corn free Chocolate Chip cookies!

I am so excited about this! I will post about it shortly, but first, I want to tell you all about how to make HOMEMADE Brown Sugar!

Today I used Palm Sugar. Palm Sugar is low on the glycemic index, which means it won't raise your blood sugar as fast as refined white sugar.




And, Plantation Brand Black Strap Molasses. Black Strap Molasses is AN EXCELLENT source of Iron!

All you need to make your own Brown sugar is this:

LIGHT BROWN SUGAR:
1 Cup Palm Sugar
1 1/2 TBSP Black Strap Molasses

Mix together in a bowl with a fork until it is completely coated, then add to your recipes that call for it! If you aren't going to use all that you made, you can put the remainder in to an air tight container in your pantry, or in your refrigerator.

DARK BROWN SUGAR:
1 Cup Palm Sugar
1/4 Cup Black Strap Molasses

The instructions for mixing are the same as already mentioned.

Good luck, and ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and I can't stop reading it! I love all the alternative ingredients you have for baking, I can't wait to try some of your recipes, thanks for sharing!

    alejandrakearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment! I am so glad that you like it! I'm just getting it off the ground, but I will be posting on here regularly! Thank you for following! :)

    ReplyDelete