Monday, January 24, 2011

Gluten Free All Purpose Flour



Have you had the chance to check out Silvana Nardone's cook book, Cooking for Isaiah? It is SO good! I still have to adapt the recipes to my sugar free lifestyle, but it is definitely worth purchasing! It is filled with Gluten free and Dairy free recipes that look amazing.

I decided to try her gluten free flour blend, to substitute in regular recipes for the All purpose gluten-filled flours.

I am so excited by the outcome. As you can see from the pictures, the texture is very much the same as regular flour, and the smell, is pretty close too. I can't wait to try it!



6 Cups White rice flour (super fine rice flour)
3 Cups Tapioca flour/starch (She recommends Shiloh Farms flour for this for it's mild taste)
1 1/2 Cups Potato STARCH (it is not the same as Potato FLOUR)
1 Tbsp Mineral rich Sea Salt
2 Tbsp Xanthan Gum (Or Guar Gum for the vegans out there)

Whisk together very well, and pour in to the container of your choice for storage.


**This recipe is Silvana Nardone's, and not mine. I take no credit for it. I highly recommend buying her book. It is completely worth the money!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment