Monday, January 24, 2011

Hot Cocoa A Go Go



After making the cashew milk earlier today, I decided to try making a dairy and sugar free hot cocoa for my 3 year old. I played around with it until it tasted right to me. (I like dark, bitter chocolate, so keep in mind my recipe is for a more dark chocolate, less sweet cocoa).

What I used:

1 Cup Cashew milk
2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
2 Tbsp Agave Nectar
1 tsp Pure Vanilla
10 drops Capella's Flavor Drops (Hazelnut)

This is enough to make one cup of hot cocoa.

You can blend this in a Vitamix for 2 minutes and it will warm up nicely, however today I used the stove top. Just add the ingredients over a low/med heat and stir until it is as warm as you like it. Pour it in to a mug and enjoy. It creates a creamy, rich, flavor. I love it.

For a sweeter cocoa, you can add more agave nectar until you have the taste you like. As I said, I like mine to taste more like dark chocolate.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment